Bread and Butter Pudding
Recipe type: desert
- 6 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 12 slices thick sliced cinnamon raisin bread - crust on or off, as you prefer
- ⅓ c sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 2 and ¼ c 10% cream
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ¼ c PC Gourmet Butterscotch dessert topping
- Use 1 tsp of butter to grease an 8 in glass baking dish.
- Butter one side of each slice of bread with the rest of the butter. Arrange slices in the dish, overlapping layers as needed.
- In a bowl, whisk together sugar, eggs, cream and vanilla until well blended. Pour over the break, then drizzle the top with butterscotch sauce. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350. Bake uncovered in middle of oven for 50 minutes or until a knife comes out clean. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.