Author: David Miller
Recipe type: Main
Spaghetti Carbonara is a very easy to make pasta. Goes well with a nice Italian loaf.
- 3 large eggs
- 400 g dried spaghetti (or fettuccine)
- 100 g Parmesan-Reggiani grated cheese (or Pecorino Romano)
- 300 g bacon (or pancetta or Guanciale)
- 2 clove of garlic
- 20 grape tomatoes
- Start to boil some salted water in a large pan.
- Put the eggs into a bowl with 80g of finely grated Parmesan and season with pepper.
- Mix well with a fork and put aside.
- Chop the bacon into ¼” cubes.
- Once the water is boiling add the spaghetti. Cook until al dente. (about 9 min)
- At the same time at the bacon to a cold pan. Increase the heat to medium high.
- Peel and crush the garlic.
- Add it to the pan and leave it to flavour the fat.
- Cook for about 5 minutes or until the bacon is crisp.
- Remove the garlic and turn off the heat to the bacon.
- Add some of the spaghetti water to the bacon and mix thoroughly.
- The bacon and fat should stop sizzling.
- Add the spaghetti to the bacon and mix thoroughly.
- Season with pepper.
- Pour the egg mixture over the spaghetti and toss well. Add more water if the mixture is too thick.
- Cut the grape tomatoes in half and add to the pasta and mix well.
- Let sit for about 5 min.
- Serve with the remaining grated Parmesan cheese and some cracked pepper.